I would like to build a hardware MIDI controller for the E-mu Emax keyboard.
I'm able to contribute to assembly, soldering, and testing interaction with the Emax.
• Circuit board design and help with ordering
• 33 analog controls, MIDI in/out to connect to the Emax, and power connection
• Sketch code to program an Arduino or similar to send SysEx commands
• Bill of materials for assembly
• Troubleshooting support during build and implementation
This is the faceplate design and layout for a 32-knob, 1-button MIDI controller
Location on the Emax
MIDI SysEx commands
Emu Emax manual for SysEx commands
I have done my best to create the SysEx strings from the Emax manual to be used but they may not be correct. Commands generated by the Ctrlr panel are probably more accurate, see below.
I can test the controller on the Emax.
Full Emax MIDI manual
Ctrlr Panel for Emu Emax screenshot
Here's a Ctrlr panel for macOS that I've tested
and confirmed will send the correct signals to the Emax via MIDI.
Please let me know of any questions or concerns.
404 822 2376